Yaletown Pet Hospital is looking for an experienced full-time VOA / Receptionist to join our pack of 30 positive, supportive and dynamic veterinary professionals! Our focus is offering the best quality care for our patients, and top notch customer service for our clients. We are a virtually paperless MAC based clinic that uses DVMax software for our medical records (software training is provided).
Benefits include extended health insurance, uniforms, membership to the fully equipped on-premises gym, secure bike locker access, bonus incentives, staff events, monthly live CE seminars, access to multiple online CE portals, first considered for job opportunities in the treatment department, and did we mention puppy and kitten cuddles!?
The successful candidate has a cheerful and positive manner with a professional attitude; excellent client service skills, epic communication skills, a strong work ethic, and the confidence it takes to be the face of the company. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to keep busy when things slow down. Their ability to multitask does not compromise the quality of their work, and they have the willingness to learn and improve their skills.
– MANDATORY 1-2 years of experience working in a veterinary hospital or VOA Certification
– Completion of a Veterinary Office Assistant (VOA) or equivalent program is an asset
– Understanding of general animal health, nutrition, and medications
– Versed in medical terminology
– Ability to follow guides and directions
– Must align with our core values and be excited to be a brand ambassador
– and of course, must enjoy the company of cats and dogs!
Duties include (but not limited to):
– Properly booking appointments, surgeries, and drop-offs
– Managing a multi-doctor schedule
– Anticipating the doctor’s appointment needs
– Gathering medical information and priming records
– Triaging emergencies and communicating details between the clinic teams
– Handling a multi-line phone system, and all email communications
– Keeping the lobby and exam rooms clean, tidy, and welcoming
– Fostering a compassionate practice/patient bond
– Liaising between client and DVM
– Creating and scanning forms, along with other administrative tasks
– Aiding clients in picking the right diet for their pet
– Explaining the proper use/tips & tricks for retail items
– Handling cash sales, and closing/opening procedures
– Encouraging and signing clients up for pet insurance trials and our clinic loyalty program
– Resonating a positive “can-do” attitude with every client interaction
– Properly documenting every client communication
Needless to say, our receptionists are the masters at managing the clinic and client’s needs alike. They are bright multi-tasking ninjas, that aim to go above and beyond with everything they do. We have a really amazing team and our core values are important to us.
Learn more about who we are by checking us out online at www.yaletownpethospital.com and on our social networks Facebook & Instagram @YPHvets. If you think you’d be a good fit for our lively team and you’ve got what it takes, email us your resume for review! Those who meet the qualifications will be contacted promptly.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
>>Please submit your resume & cover letter to: [email protected]